Saturday, July 7, 2012

El Nido, Palawan - Paradise


Puerto Princesa and El Nido Palawan

May 1-5, 2012
I've been to Puerto Princesa already with my family before. I really wanted to go on vacation this summer so I booked a flight. Sobrang biglaang trip! Haha! There was an ongoing AirAsia promo. Round trip ticket to Puerto Princesa is just 550.00 PHP.

Day 1
It was my first time to ride AirAsia. My flight was not delayed for the first time btw!!! I took the Philtranco bus that goes straight to Clark Airport. It's 450.00 PHP one way. My college friend, who was already booked, wasn't able to go. Ughhh. I was already freaking out because I don't want to go to El Nido alone! Seriously? I'm not yet ready to travel alone. Maybe next time. Buti na lang the friend of my friend also booked a flight. I just met her once but oh wth I am still going no matter what. Yep that's how determined I was to go on vacation.

We arrived around 6:30 pm in Puerto Princesa. We stayed for 1 night in Airport View Pension. It's literally beside the airport.

This is the check-in counter at DMIA 

Day 2 - El Nido City Proper
We woke up at 6am! We took a shuttle van (Fortwally - 700.00/ one way) going to El Nido. It was a 6hrs trip btw! The weather was crazy! :| Arrived in El Nido at 1 pm and had a late lunch in Pukka Bar. We strolled around the El Nido proper after. 
Night life? Not the same as Boracay and Puerto Galera. There are just few bars located on the beach. A bottle of beer costs around 75 freakin' pesos!!!





Day 3 - Island Hopping
We rented a private boat for just the two of us. We visited 9-10 islands on that day. It was a combination tour (Tour A & C). I suggest you book your tour via Lagoon Tour. They offer cheap/ discounted tours! We were able to rent a private boat for 3,000 only. It was already inclusive of lunch. The Hidden Beach and Small Lagoon are my favorites! :) Buwis buhay ang Secret Beach! You need to swim and go through a small hole. The waves were very strong that time.

While waiting for our boat... 


Helicopter Island

Kayaking @ Hidden Beach

Hidden Beach

Matinloc Island

We had lunch at Star Beach

Secret Beach
This is where you need to swim and get through a small hole. 

Secret Beach

Secret Lagoon

Big Lagoon

Sea Urchins everywhere! 

Small Lagoon
I advise that you rent a kayak if you are taking Tour A

Seven Commando

Day 4 - Island Hopping
Our plan was to take a half day tour (Tour B - 1,800/ boat) on that day and leave El Nido after lunch but we decided to just leave in the evening. We were so mesmerized by the beauty of El Nido that half day tour isn't enough! :) 
For me, Tour B is the best! We stayed in Snake Island the whole morning. Snake Island is so awesome!! The shore is so long that it reaches another island din! Hehe I had an allergy pa after going inside a cave. Hassle right? We visited Sand Bar too!

Pangulasian Island - One of the new El Nido Resorts

We spent the whole morning in Snake Island. Of all the island I've visited in El Nido, this is my favorite. Look at the pic! So awesome!

We also had our lunch in Snake Island.


Cadugnon Cave
We also passed by Cathedral Cave.

Feeding the fish

Pinagbuyutan Island
It has powdery white sand.


We got stranded too!

Sand Bar





Day 5 - Puerto Princesa
I was supposed to go to Honda Bay on that day but I decided not to join. My flight was in the afternoon and I wasn't really sure if I can make it back before my flight. I was scared to miss my flight! Haha! And I've been to Honday Bay nmn before so it's okay! I bought some pasalubong and I just slept the whole day! :D
El Nido is so beautiful! I'll definitely go back again! I'd love to spend a night or two in Miniloc Island Resort... 
Now, i'm so negra. Hahaha! Exag na pagka negra! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment